living the fairytale

Monday, April 16, 2012

My Incredible Brother

I felt like the luckiest lady around 1.5 weeks ago.....

I moved out to SLC to join my husband, and 1 day later my brother and mother came out so he could go to the Provo MTC to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Alpine, German Mission. 


Because he's such a stud, and does so well in German already, he leaves the MTC to head to the mission headquarters (where MY mission headquarters were too!!) in a little over a week!

My husband and I were lucky enough to spend the morning with this amazing elder and my mom--we stuffed him with food, shopped around (see below, my mom trying to convince him of things he 'needed'), and spent the last few hours we could soaking up time with this amazing servant of the Lord.


I miss him! But I am SO proud of him.



I am a lucky older sis ;)



He was SO ready to go (we were reluctant to let him, but eventually we let go of his arms) :)


What an amazing man. Serving a mission is one of the best things I ever did, so I am stoked to hear his mission experiences in German (and possibly with the same people I served with in wards!)

Love you, Elder Bailey! <3

2 comments:

  1. good luck to him! that is so awesome that he will be where you served. makes me homesick for europe. and chocolate. and zopf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun that you got to send him off. I love that picture of your mom with him in the store. I recognized that look from your mom and knew exactly what was going on in the picture! Haha. Oh you have a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete