living the fairytale

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Half IronMan COMPLETED

Well, on Saturday, August 25, 2012, I raced in a Half IronMan Triathlon.

And I didn't die!

Wahoo!



I finished the 70.3 miles (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run) in under 7 hours (6:57:24 to be exact), and I couldn't be happier. (For a FULL recap and more pictures, go to The Utah Half Triathlon Race Recap) I went through a lot during that race....and I could NOT have done it without my amazing husband.

{right before the swim}


He was husband extraordinaire:
-photographer
-bike checker
-bike riding partner in crime
-life saver (he stopped & helped my friend after her crash so I could keep riding)
-water bottle holder
-gel packet ripper-opener
-motivator (when I almost died)
-texter & phone caller to sisters throughout the race 
-cheerer
-driver
-bike shorts owner & loaner to me (so I had a bit of padding!) & renter of a nice bike for me
-most proudest fan
-best & biggest supporter of my goal



I am a lucky gal. 

I am a determined soul, so when I set out to do this goal, he was behind me 110%. I am SO lucky! I could NOT have done this without him, and I can't thank him enough.



So glad I did this! And very glad it's over. :)





{p.s. If anyone wants to do a Half IM, I'd be happy to do it as a relay in the future! :) (I'll swim & run, someone else bike). Mmmmmkay? }

1 comment:

  1. YEEEEAAAAHHH Annette!!!!! So proud of you!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete